42' Morris Ocean Series 'Sunday Morning'
The Morris Yachts 42 ‘Sunday Morning’, is a classic traditional yacht designed by Chuck Paine and built by Morris Yachts to the highest standards. ‘Sunday Morning’ has been lightly used seasonally in Maine and maintained in heated storage during the off season since new. This two-owner boat has been meticulously cared for professionally and is in ‘like new’ condition. The custom features and impeccable detail are exquisite. Upgrades are too numerous to list. The fine craftsmanship of this unique yacht can best be appreciated by visiting this beautiful yacht.
PRICE | $574,000
YEAR BUILT | 2005
DESIGNER | C.W Paine
BUILDER | Morris Yachts
LOA | 42′
BEAM | 12′ 7″
DRAFT | 5′ 3″
Hull is solid fiberglass laminate infused with Hydrex vinylester resin, Paine designed external lead keel. Carbon fiber spade rudder (new bearing 2017), Hull painted Awlgrip ‘Flag blue’ (2016). Teak decks and cockpit sole (refinished 2021), gelcoat non skid areas on cabin top (Refinished 2019, all hardware rebedded). Exterior woodwork is varnished teak, recessed cove stripe is rubbed on gold leaf (2016) with clear coat protection, white Awlgrip boot top stripe (2016), green bottom.
The bright ‘Herreshoff’ style interior has antique white bulkheads accentuated with varnished mahogany trim, doors and drawers. All exposed areas of the hull interior are covered with varnished Honduras mahogany sheathing, interior lockers are lined with ¼” cork. The teak and basswood varnished cabin sole has lift outs for convenient access. Interior cushions are 5” luxury foam covered with blue Ultrasuade . Natural lighting and ventilation is provided by the 12 Bomar Stainless steel opening ports (with screens) and 4 Lewmar Ocean hatches located in the main cabin, forward and aft cabin (smoke colored lenses with Ocean-Air sky screens). All ports and hatched removed and rebedded (2017). Hella fans provide additional ventilation.
Galley: Descending the companionway steps, the large U shaped Galley is located to starboard.
- Scandvik SS polished double bowl sink with single leve faucet with pull out spray
- Force 10 three-burner propane stove with oven/broiler (solenoid control)
- Xintex propane system monitor and alarm
- Seafrost refrigeration system (engine belt driven as well as DC) with a top-loading hatch, and adjustable shelves
- Storage in enclosed lockers and drawers
Aft Cabin: To port is a fully enclosed cabin with a full size berth, storage in lockers and drawers. Opening port provides natural light and ventilation. Large opening door under berth for access to rear of engine sea drive unit
Nav Station: The Forward facing navigation station is to port with an upholstered seat and backrest. The opening chart table has an beautiful compass rose inlay and storage drawers. AC and DC electrical panel and instruments are mounted outboard.
Main Salon: U-shaped settee to starboard and a full length settee to port. The custom folding table has a beautiful shell wood inlay pattern. Storage in outboard shelving and lockers.
Forward cabin: The forward cabin is separated from the main cabin by a custom mahogany door. The large V-berth has a filler and full length shelves outboard. There is a hanging locker with a louvered door to port with additional storage provided by two drawers and a drop front located below each berth. Forward bulkhead has a door to access the forepeak.
Head: The forward head compartment is accessible from either the main salon or forward cabin. The generously sized shower stall has molded fiberglass floor, removable grate and integral sump. Storage provided by outboard lockers with sliding doors, cabinets and a drawer.
- Scandvik SS oval sink with Scandvik mixer faucet
- Scanmix shower faucet with thermostatic mixer control for constant temperature
- Vacuflush 848 marine toilet system with holding tank
Yanmar 4JH3E 56-hp diesel with sail drive system mounted on a molded fiberglass bed. Single lever for throttle and shift controls in the pedestal, Teflon lined control cables, fiberglass water lift pot muffler, keyless electric stop and start buttons and full instrument panel in the cockpit. Engine combustion air is ducted to a blower and vented out thru the starboard winch pocket. Water pump has Speedseal cover for easy access to the impeller. 3 Blade Flex-O-Fold 18” folding propeller. Racor 220 single filter system.
Offshore Carbon Fiber spars with double spreader rig. Masthead setup with one main halyard sheave, two sheaves for jib halyards and one spinnaker crane. Masthead crane for VHF antenna and windex. Deck tie-rod and turnbuckle. Aluminum boom with internal outhaul and two internal reef lines. Hall Spars C-24 mechanical vang. Discontinuous rod rigging (2018), all spars painted with white Awlgrip paint.
Extra low-stretch braided lines running rigging includes main halyard (2021), jib halyard, masthead flag halyard, port spreader halyard, jib furling line, vang control line, single ended main sheet, two reef lines, lazy jacks, two jib sheets, and traveler control lines (all 2016).
- North 3Di full batten mainsail with two deep reefs. Battens have Batt-Slide #401-10 batten receptacles (2018)
- North 3Di furling jib, full hoist with rope luff, foam reefing pad and UV cover (2018)
- North Genneker with snuffer, like new condition
- Harken jib furling system
- Mainsail with 2 reef points via continuous reefing line system on the boom leading to cabin top
- Harken BIG BOAT mainsheet traveler with ball bearing car and 4:1 controls leading aft
- Harken BIG BOAT Genoa track with pin stop cars
- Main halyard, #1 reef line and preventer lead aft (port side cabin top) to triple ropw clutch and electric winch
- Main sheet, #2 reef line and vang lead aft (Starboard side cabin top to triple rope clutch
- Main halyard, reefing lines & boom vang lead aft thru rope clutches to cabin top ST winches (one electric)
- (2) Harken Primary 2 speed power ratio 53 ST
- (2) Harken Secondary 2 speed power ratio 40 ST
- (2) Lewmar 40 CCST halyard winches
- (2)Anderson 46 ST (one electric) port and starboard cabin top
- 110-volt 30 amp shore power system with inlet located on the outboard side of cockpit coaming (Port side)
- 50-foot shore power cord
- Mastervolt 80 amp three stage battery charger and separate 12V/2000 Mastervolt watt inverter.
- Hot water heater- SS 10 gallon capacity heated by engine or 110 Volt AC power
- ShurFlo water pressure system
- Johnson 2200 electric pump with Ultra Safety Systems auto water sensor
- Separate shower sump tank discharged overboard by electric Whale diaphragm pump
- Edson 18 GPM diaphragm pump flush-mounted in the cockpit
- Forespar Marelon type reinforced plastic seacocks
- ShurFlo Blaster 5.0 GPM wash down pump (sea water) with SS flush deck spigot and hose
- 140 Amp 12 volt Xantrex multi stage voltage regulator for alternator
- Optima AGM starting battery (800 CCA)
- 3 size 4D Northstar NSB M12-210 ‘slimline’ batteries (2012)
- Side Power ST75T Bow thruster, foot switch controls at pedestal
- Espar D5L cabin heater
- (4) Duplex outlets with GF1. Outlets are located in the galley, heads, main salon and nav station
- DC 12 V outlet in cockpit winch pocket and Nav station
- Raymarine e-Series display hybrid touch system at helm (2017)
- Wind/depth/speed i70 tridata under sea hood with repeater at Nav station
- Icom M506 VHF in nav station, ICOM HM-127 Command Mic at pedestal (2017)
- Raystar GPS antenna
- Display #1- e-series color radar/chart plotter at Nav station, interfaced with e-series (NMEA 2000)
- Display #2- e-series color radar chart plotter, repeater at helm (NMEA 2000)
- Radar reflector on spreader halyard
- Autopilot- linear drive P-70 control head with hand-held remote (2017), interfaced with nav and sailing instruments
- AIS receiver network to overlay chartplotter, VHF and instruments multi-function displays (2017)
- HD color radar antenna on mast
- Edson Classic pedestal with through shaft wheel brake, single lever control for shift & throttle, SS guard and SS 40” Destroyer dished wheel varnished
- Ritchie 6” Globemaster with SS hood
- Lifesling 2
- Custom built SS bow and stern rail-27” height
- Double lifelines with hooks at the gates
- Two piece SS folding swim ladder with PVC treads
- SS deck fills with integral folding levers for all fuel, water and holding tanks
- SS Stem fitting made with two anchor rollers
- 45 LB COR plow anchor mounted on roller spliced to galvanized chain and anchor rode
- Electric Lewmar V1 vertical capstan windlass with wireless remote(2020)
- 2 low profile SS cowl vent dorades mounted on varnished teak boxes dorade with custom guards and SS deck plate covers
- Fusion speakers in cockpit (2021)
- SS grabrails on cabin top port and starboard
- Deck cleats:SS 12” Bow Spartan Blue Water (2) SS 10” mid-ship Spartan Blue Water (2) SS 10” stern Spartan Blue Water
- Custom cast SS stern and mid-ship chocks
- SS Skene chocks mounted on the cap rail at the bow
- Fuel: 1 x 50 gal Aluminum
- Fresh Water: 2 x 60 gal Stainless Steel
- Holding: 1 x 30 gal Plastic
- Tank gauges for fuel, water tanks (1 and 2), and holding tank
- Covers,bimini, dodger -Sunbrella ‘toast’ color
- Custom fitted sunbrella cover for salon table
- Cover for binnacle/wheel
- Cockpit table cover
- Mainsail cover (2021)
- Hatch covers (2021)
- Dodger with SS grab rails (port, stbd and aft) covered with elkhide
- Full cockpit Bimini with custom SS Bow
- Cockpit cushions – Navy colored Sunbrella (2018)
- (6) Ribbed fenders with polar fleece covers
- Docklines (4)Three strand nylon 5/8” x 40 (2021)
- Spare dock lines
- (3)Kidde Mariner 10 dry chemical fire extinguishers
- FX-23 Fortress secondary anchor with chain and rode
- Harwich clock and barometer
- Miscellaneous safety equipment, spare parts and inventory