‘Salt’ is a beautiful example of the early era of the Cape Cod Shipbuilding fiberglass 12 ½ “Bullseye” sporting the distinguished Herreshoff trademark of the shaped cove sheer plank detail molded in the hull and is in like new condition. The color scheme is quite striking and she needs to be seen to appreciate the quality of the restoration . She is stored indoors, convenient to view and ready to launch. The ‘Bullseye’ is a great daysailer and has been an established one-design racing class since its inception there are many racing fleets along the East coast from Maine to Florida. Bylaws and more information about the class can be found at: www.bullseyeclass.org.
PRICE | $12,500
BOAT TYPE | Bullseye
YEAR BUILT | 1952/restored 2012
DESIGNER | N.G Herreshoff
BUILDER | Cape Cod Shipbuilding
LOA | 16 Feet
BEAM | 5′ 10″
DRAFT | 2′ 5″
DISPLACEMENT | 1,350 lbs
BALLAST | 750 lbs external lead keel
LOA| 15′ 8″
LWL | 12′ 6″
Fiberglass reinforced laminated hull, cuddy and decks. Externally bolted lead keel. All Awlgrip (2012) spray painted Hull-Stars and Stripes Blue, Oyster White Boot top, Cream cuddy and decks. Bottom stripped, epoxy Interprotect primer and Petit Hydrocoat red bottom paint. Complete restoration by Classic Boat Shop included: professionally stripping of the old Gelcoat (2012) and re-fiberglassing all exterior surfaces, epoxy sealed and faired. All wood trim, coamings and toe rails were replaced with new teak. All hardware and fittings are brand new including new seats, deck hardware, chainplates, mast step, pintles and gudgeons. Transom hung rudder with beautifully varnished ash tiller.
- Mast, boom, standing rigging and running rigging and sheets renewed in 2012
- Cockpit cover (Toast sunbrella 2013)
- Sails-Racing main and jib (2012)
- Spinnaker pole and all spinnaker rigging needed
- Running rigging hardware (Harken & Schaeffer throughout) is set up for competitive racing.
- Outboard bracket
- Torqeedo electric motor Model #1003
- NOTE: Trailer- ‘Special float off ’ package with long extension and mast support pictured is not included but is available for $1,000